Every year we make resolutions and very year most of us break them. Here’s why you should stick to your Travel New Year’s Resolutions!
- Did you know that if we integrate more travel into our lives, it will help us be healthier both physically, mentally and spiritually? Travel has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease. For example, a nine-year study of 12,000 middle-aged men found that men who took at least one vacation per year were 30% less likely to die from heart disease than their non-traveling peers. Additionally, the Framingham Heart study showed that among 750 women, those who took no vacations were twice as likely to suffer a heart attack as those who traveled the most. Travel is also linked to a lower risk of depression; a 2005 study evidenced the link between travel and significantly decreased risk of depression among 15,000 women.
- It brings Happiness! Vacation and relaxation go hand in hand. Everyone needs time away from the office to rejuvenate, and studies have shown that travel does indeed reduce stress. Importantly, it not only reduces stress immediately, but it also improves our ability to handle stress long after we return home
- Travel is inherently a learning experience. We learn something new in each place we go, be about the culture, language, cuisine, politics, history and or religion.
- It’s common knowledge that travel helps to bring people together by building lifelong memories. Couples are strongly and positively impacted by trips taken together; 75% of adults credit travel with improving their interpersonal relationships. Additionally, studies have shown that family travel can do more than just improve relationships and provide lifelong memories; it can also significantly reduce behavioral problems and illness in children.
- It can help us to be a better person. We can give back to our communities and to the world by donating more of our time and energy to those in need. Right now the only way that American’s can travel to Cuba is by taking part in tours to Cuba that encourage “people to people” contact. What does that mean? People-to-people travel means that itineraries focuses on cultural exchanges that will be as educational for the Cubans you’ll encounter as they will be for you!
So get out their and TRAVEL in 2016! It’s good for you and good for the world!