Traveling together can be the ultimate relationship test. It’s no secret that travel compatibility is important in a relationship. Let’s face it, when you travel with a partner, you learn a lot more than just about the new destination. You see new sides of each other. You uncover new moods, new emotions. You pull back new layers of vulnerability. But, it can also bring your relationship to the next level.
According to a recent survey conducted for Travelocity®, over half (56%) of respondents currently in a relationship think that a romantic getaway is important to keeping a “spark” in that relationship. But with 30% having never been on a couples only trip and with half of those who have had not done so in over two years, too many couples aren’t taking their own advice.
So take our advice, pick a destination and just go! Because, Couple travel allows for experimentation, growth and the enrichment of one’s horizons. In addition, you get to do things the both of you love and make lifelong memories with each other.
Here are our top seven dreamy destinations and romantic getaways to give you some ideas:
- Hawaii- This destination makes the top 5 everytime with Kauai topping the list as the No. 1 destination for lovebirds looking for outdoor activities, sightseeing adventures, and an incomparable romantic atmosphere.
- Sedona, Arizona – Especially for those on the West Coast it’s an easy destination to get too, where you can be adventures and stay active. Go on a hike, picnic near the famous Red Rocks. Or do nothing at all and stay in a retreat and have a spa treatment which will coax you into a relaxed state.
- Savannah, Georgia – It is known for its Spanish moss-lined streets and a robust dining scene. Take a private carriage ride through the streets at dusk and you’ll feel like you and your sweetheart are living in a movie. And don’t forget that their haunted tours provide the perfect opportunity to get a little closer.
- Florida- It’s known as the Sunshine State for a reason with year-round perfect weather and miles of beaches and remote islands, Florida is for lovers. Choose from beachside cities with breathtaking sunsets to lakeside towns with great culture, music, and food.
- Saint Lucia- This lush destination is ideal for couples looking to unwind on one of the island’s chalky beaches or hole up in one of its isolated resorts. You can even set sail on the private yacht.
- Paris, France- This a classic romantic destination “The City Of Love”. Looking to have a romantic dinner? They have the most delicious gourmet French dinners with the most amazing views of Paris. Can anything be more romantic? Take a walk through the small streets of Montmartre and kiss in front of the iconic Sacré Coeur Basilica or take a ride on board Midnight in Paris On Wheels’ old 2CV car with roses and champagne included!
- Rome, Italy- Another great classic destination. From a romantic stroll through Villa Borghese Gardens to Opera night in Teatro dell’Opera di Roma, there’s much more to do in this historic paradise than eating pasta. But of course, you’ll want to be sure to enjoy that together as well – in addition to lots of gelato.
Need more ideas? Check out our website, we feature a new destination every day! http://www.PrestigeTravelVacations.com