These are our top picks for the best fall foliage cruises across the United States.
Seeing the bright colors of changing leaves is one of the best parts of fall. It is a short season, enjoyed for only a brief period of time before the leaves are gone from the trees.
And while the fall foliage is only around for just a couple of weeks, the stunning colors that blanket the rolling hills and mountains of New England and the coastlines of the Pacific Northwest are spectacular to see.
- Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of The Sea, Fall Foliage Northbound Cruise: 10 nights, sailing on 9/27/2019 & 13 night sailing on 10/07/2019. This late September sailing leaves from New Jersey and heads north allowing you to take advantage of the seasonal foliage as you make your way toward quaint Bar Harbor, Maine, New England town in which to watch the leaves change.Onboard, get a sky-high view of the multi-colored leaves by climbing to the top of the rock climbing wall or embrace the cooling weather by heading to the ship’s ice skating rink. Pricing starting at $690pp. Please note both sailings for this year are almost sold out. Book now for next year, plenty of 7-10 night sailing dates to choose from and open availability.
- Princess Cruises’ Canada & New England Sailing. Visit the iconic lighthouse at Peggy’s Cove in Halifax, return to the Gilded Age in Newport and stroll down Boston’s historic Freedom Trail. Or ascend Cadillac Mountain in picturesque Acadia National Park for one of the “Best National Park Experiences,” according to Lonely Planet. Onboard New England cruises, you’ll dine like a New Englander on succulent crab cakes and lobster as the allure of the northern seaboard embraces you — and leaves you changed forever. There is a quick 5-day cruise from NY sailing on Sat. 10/31/2020 that will sell out! You can also add on tour to your cruise for an even more immersive experience! Prices for 2019 from $600pp
- Holland America’s Canada & New England Discovery Cruise. From the changing of the seasons to clam chowder that defies reason, cruising to Canada and New England is an unforgettable vacation experience with Holland. Or Holland America’s 11 day Atlantic Coast Cruise. Go from fall foliage’s brilliant colors to the warm and sunny shores of Florida with this cruise that will give you the best of the East Coast over 11 days. Start in Quebec City in October to soak up the city’s intact fortified wall and feast on French specialties like macarons before making your way down the coast and past the warm hues of the changing countryside. Disembark in Fort Lauderdale where the weather tends to be in the mid-to-high-80s in October and end the cruise with some quality beach time.
- Carnival Cruise Line’s Canada and New England Journey from New York. Sailing on 9/29/19 on the Sunrise. Cruisers will enjoy the changing colors as you sail from the Big Apple toward Portland, Maine and Canada’s Saint John. Watch the leaves turn yellow, orange, and red as you meander around these quaint towns. Rates from $579pp, But book now for 9/24/2020 and enjoy this cruise on their newest ship the Mardi Gras with its new eco-friendly roller coaster and on-board tiki bar.
- Cunard’s transatlantic New England & Canada Cruise, 14 nights.This October cruise will take you from the fall foliage and crisp air of Quebec and Nova Scotia to the storied shores of Southampton, England. Watch the maple trees change color in Halifax, Canada before settling in for a relaxing transatlantic crossing. On the ship, watch an abridged performance of Shakespeare and indulge in dishes like croquette of suckling pig and Dover sole meunière.
Contact us at http://www.PrestigeTravelVacations.com for additional information and rates. Mention this blog post and receive a special gift.